[Fishhugger] Portuguese Fish Stew

info at fishhugger.com info at fishhugger.com
Fri Jun 29 14:00:11 MST 2018

Hello New Mexico FishHuggers! Come on out and see us at the Los Ranchos
& Corrales Growers Markets over the next few weekends before our brief
July break.

Check our full July 2018 schedule here:
http://www.fishhugger.com/calendar.html

Summer is here and the growers markets are providing an increasing
variety of in-season veggies, fruits and more weekly! This weekend you
can expect lots of great produce and products such as: apricots,
blackberries, cherries, nectarines, strawberries, artichokes, beets,
peas, lots of assorted greens (watercress, kale, arugula, bok chop,
micro greens), radishes, parsnips, turnips, spring onions, garlic, fresh
herbs (parsley, mint, cilantro), bouquets, seasonal plants and plant
starts, eggs, smoothies, NM grass fed beef & pork, wild Alaska salmon,
jams/jellies, various pastries (regular and gluten free), honey, local
products, burritos, Go Wild popcorn, Aqua Fresca juices, Pop Fizz
popsicles, hot coffee, ice tea and more! Shop early to beat the heat and
get the best selection. Bring your freezer bags, coolers and gel packs
too!

RECIPE OF THE WEEK: Caldeirada (Portuguese Fish Stew)

A pinch of saffron
1 garlic clove, halved
10-12oz potatoes, such as Yukon gold, very thinly sliced
4 tbsp butter, cubed
Flaky sea salt and ground white pepper
Smoked paprika
5 ripe plum tomatoes, sliced horizontally
1 white onion, very thinly sliced
1 bulb fennel, trimmed and very thinly sliced
16oz (1lb) Keta Salmon or Rockfish Filet (our favorite is a combination
of both fishes!), each filet sliced into 3-4 pieces
Extra-virgin olive oil, to drizzle
7/8 cup white wine
A handful of parsley leaves, finely chopped

Place saffron in a small bowl and pour 1 tbsp boiling water over it. Set
aside.

Rub cut garlic clove all around the inside of a shallow baking dish,
ideally one with a lid. Arrange half the potatoes in bottom of dish and
dot with half the butter. Season potatoes, and each succeeding layer,
with salt, pepper, and paprika. Follow the first potato layer with a
layer of half the tomatoes, onion, and fennel, then a layer of the
remaining potatoes. Create a layer of fish, then one of the remaining
onion and fennel, and finally of the remaining tomatoes. Dot rest of
butter on top and drizzle with olive oil. Mix saffron with wine and pour
over dish. Allow to marinate for 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 355. Cover dish with a lid or foil and bake for 20
minutes. Remove covering and bake another 20 minutes. Sprinkle with
chopped parsley. Serves 4. ENJOY!

More recipes? Look here: http://www.fishhugger.com/recipes.html

PHOENIX: We'll be available on July 17-18-19-20 for those who order by
10pm on Sunday, July 15. For pricing and availability, check our website
here: http://www.fishhugger.com/pricelist.html
Please order by phone or email. Orders take priority, but extras will
certainly be available...come by early and check out our freezer
selection! Further inquiry is welcome.

Coming soon...
July 7/8...Fresh Grassfed Beef harvest will be available at the Los
Ranchos & Corrales Growers Markets!
July 14/15...Fresh catch Black Cod Filet and Halibut Cheeks will be
available at the Los Ranchos & Corrales Growers Markets!

Eat Well,
Kenny & Brenna Aschbacher-The FishHuggers
http://www.fishhugger.com
info at fishhugger.com
505-865-4097
602-286-9233