[Fishhugger] Farmers Market Tips

info at fishhugger.com info at fishhugger.com
Fri Feb 5 17:27:06 EST 2016

Hi FishHuggers! We've really been enjoying the winter weather here in the
Valley of the Sun! We're planning to be at our 2 favorite Phoenix farmers
markets through the end of April this season. You can check out our
current schedule of markets & events here:
http://www.fishhugger.com/calendar.html

We're so glad to have met so many of you out at the market over the years.
It's always been a great group of people who care about sourcing and
providing healthy, sustainable, real food! It is truly the most enjoyable
part of our job. We've been asked many times by customers and vendors for
tips on shopping at the farmers market. Here are our top 3:

1) Come Early. I know, I know, getting up first thing Saturday morning
isn't always fun, but being early allows for the best selection. The early
bird gets the worm, or in this case, chicken eggs and convenient parking.
This is also a great opportunity for you to ask more questions of your
local farmers, producers and food purveyors. Building a personal
relationship between food producer and consumer is so valuable.

2) Bring Cash. Moving toward a cashless society has brought about a
certain level of convenience and perhaps security, however, using a debit
or credit card takes extra time and can lead to longer lines. Our market
vendors are small local businesses and there are charges and fees
associated with accepting cards that filter money out of our local
economy. Small bills are always appreciated.

3) Bring your own reusable bags, baskets, coolers (wheels are nice),
carts, wagons, etc. I rush out of the house and forget my bags once in a
while, but for the most part, this helps cut down on the use of plastic.

Enjoy the market! We look forward to seeing you there!

Need some recipe ideas? http://www.fishhugger.com/recipes.html

We were recent guests on the Together 24/7 Podcast! Listen here:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/together-24-7-barry-catherine/id1032831610?mt=2

Eat Well,
Kenny & Brenna Aschbacher-The FishHuggers
http://www.fishhugger.com
602-286-9233
505-865-4097