[Fishhugger] Real Dairy Feb 22

info at fishhugger.com info at fishhugger.com
Tue Feb 20 10:33:34 MST 2007

This Thursday, Feb 22 from 1-5pm we will host an open house and real dairy
pick up.  Our home is at 2031 N. 47th St, Phoenix.  Dairy is available on
a first come, first served basis.  We will have cheddar cheese, cream,
milk and butter.

We'll be sampling varietal honeys including Marigold, Tamarisk, Wild
Blackberry, Cat's Claw, Mesquite, Purple Sage, Snowberry, Meadowfoam,
Orange Blossom, Strawberry-Raspberry, Mountain Wild Flower, Star Thistle,
Chestnut, and Eucalyptus.  Select honeys are also available in 1 gallon
and 5 gallon containers.  Fresh Gourmet Mix Bee Pollen will also be on the
tasting menu.

Silver and Sockeye salmon will also be available, Wild Alaska Giant Spot
Prawns, Halibut Fillet, Grassfed Beef, Beef Bones and Lamb.

Spend $100 at our Open House on Thursday and receive a starter jar of bee
pollen to build up your resistance.

True "Superfood" News:  Superfoods-as opposed to vitamins or
supplements-are foods that are naturally concentrate important nutrients.
Unlike dietary supplements or vitamins taken in isolation, superfoods
provide many nutrients that support each other and prevent the kind of
imbalances that often occur when vitamins are taken singly.  Bee pollen
has been popularized by famous athletes who take it regularly for strength
and endurance.  It has been used successfully to treat a variety of
ailments including allergies, asthma, menstrual irregularities,
constipation, diarrhea, anemia, low energy, cancer, rheumatism, arthritis
and toxic conditions.  A Russian study of the inhabitants of the province
of Georgia, where many live to 100 years and some beyond, revealed that a
large portion of these centenarians were beekeepers who often ate raw,
unprocessed honey with all its "impurities," that is, with the pollen.
Bee pollen contains 22 amino acids including the eight essential ones, 27
minerals and the full gamut of vitamins, hormones and fatty acids.  Most
importantly, bee pollen contains more than 5,000 enzymes and coenzymes.
It is the presence of enzymes, many of which have immediate detoxifying
effects, that sometimes provoke allergic reactions in those taking bee
pollen for the first time.  If this happens, start with very small amounts
(a few grains) and slowly build up to a tablespoon or so per day.  Bee
pollen contains 45 calories per tablespoon.  It is the food of the young
bee and it approximately 40% protein.  It is considered one of nature's
most completely nourishing foods.  It contains nearly all nutrients
required by humans.  About half of its protein is in the form of free
amino acids that are ready to be used directly by the body.  Such highly
assimilable protein can contribute significantly to one's protein needs.
Bee pollen is the male seed of flowers.  It is required for the
fertilization of the plant.  The tiny particles consist of 50/1,000
millimeter corpuscles, formed at the free end of the stamen in the heart
of the blossom.  Every variety of flower puts forth a dusting of pollen.
Many orchard fruits and food crops do, too.
SOURCE:  Fallon, Sally; Nourishing Traditions, 2001.  Visit
http://www.westonaprice.org for more.

Our many thanks to all of you for your support.  Visit our website for new
recipe ideas, a complete farmers market and event schedule and a listing
of retailers and restaurants http://www.fishhugger.com

Eat Well,
Kenny & Brenna Aschbacher~The Fishhuggers
602.286.9233
505.385.9480